9:05 PM

Coeur d' Alene Wine Cellars


I can't seem to say enough good things about the wine produced by Coeur d' Alene Cellars. Before we left Idaho, Blake and I visited the winery and liked it so much we became wine club members. We have continued our membership since moving to Vermont, so every quarter we get a few bottles of delicious wine. My sister Debi, Blake and I also went to Barrel No. 6 where we enjoyed a bottle (or two?) with this really great variety of cheeses. Blake's favorite is the No. 6 Red and the Opulence. I really enjoy the 2004 Viognier. But, I don't think we've tried any of their wines and been disappointed. Make a visit to the winery and enjoy some samples of great wine!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Hey Liisa! I like your blog! I've enjoyed reading about your snowy adventures in Vermont.

About the Couer d' Alene Wine Cellars...I think I heard a story about them on NPR the other day, and if I recall, the grapes are actually grown in Washington, and they make (brew?) the wine in CdA... interesting fact of the day for ya. :-)

I hope you guys survive the (hopefully) last blast of winter! We've had some nice temps here in SW WA, but it's going to get "cold" again tomorrow (high in the mid 40s).

BTW~ Blake said you like Grey's Anatomy...did you watch last week? OMG "Gizzie"...ew. so wrong.

Take care,
Laura

Unknown said...

I agree! They have excellent wines and are known for their viogner's. I have an original watercolor of the Spokane River painted by their vintner Warren Schutz.

Liisa said...

Laura -
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog, I'm glad you've been enjoying it!! I have been jealous of the mild temps over that way. My mom has been commenting on the nice weather in Spokane. And, my best friend in Coravallis, OR was out gardening a couple weekends ago!!
I am pretty addicted to Grey's Anatomy. What the hell is wrong with Izzie, anyway? Yes, I agree, very, very wrong.

Liisa said...

Barry - Did Warren Schutz do the artwork for their website? I really like it.

Unknown said...

Liisa- their website says that one of the co-owners, Sarah Gates, does the artwork and there are samples of it under her name. Warren's style is very similar, though. I'm going to order some chocolate today and pick up some CDA wines for our trip to the San Juans. We can't wait! By the way, the photos of your house look great!