7:28 AM

Taste of Oregon

Blake and I tried a new Pinot Gris last night from a winery in the Willamette Valley called WillaKenzie Estate. I did not know much about Pinot Gris, and was in the mood to experiment. We both really enjoyed it. This type of wine is typically produced in France and Italy, but now some winemakers in the United States are putting forth some serious effort into growing and producing Pinot Gris. It sounds as though many winemakers in Oregon are steering away from Chardonnay, and toward Pinot Gris. http://www.willakenzie.com/ Yesterday at the co-op, and in my quest to find a nice bottle of wine, I found something else from Oregon that I have been searching for (for several months now, actually). Rogue brewery makes a Hazelnut Brown Nectar beer that is to die for. I had it once in Coeur d' Alene at one of our favorite restaurants called Capones. (Excellent place for a pizza and beer!! *sigh*) Anyway, I have been searching for it ever since, but could never find it until now!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Rogue is Steve's and my brother's favorite beer maker! They make literally like 40 different varieties. Steve is really into their Chipotle beer right now...if you can find it, try it with some spicy food! See what you think. It's different but fun. Next time you guys are out here, we'll take you the Rogue Brewing restaurant/pub in Ptld. It's really great. We go there a few times a month. :)

Liisa said...

I have never tried the Chipotle flavored beer, but it sounds really good!! I will have to see if they offer it at the co-op. If not, there are a couple other places I could try that have a really large selection. It would have tasted good tonight with our chili. I would love to visit the brewery. Hopefully we'll get to see you guys soon!! I hope you guys are doing well. Are you still liking your job?

Laura said...

Yeah, it would totally be good with Chili! I think it might also be good paired with a nice dark chocolate.

Yes, hopefully we can see each other soon! There's a small chance we might be taking a cruise out of NYC this fall...if that happens, we'll definitely let you know!

My job is going really well. I love it. It's so nice to not have the commute into downtown Ptld every day. How are you liking your job in VT?

Liisa said...

Hey, definitely keep us posted if you will be coming out this way!! I'm glad you are liking your job. I am looking forward to being closer to work once we get moved. Unfortunately, then Blake will have a commute. My job is going pretty well. I am going back to school this summer, so I am really looking forward to getting started. Have a great week!