9:07 AM

French Martinis



Blake and I went out to dinner for his birthday last night. Happy Birthday, Blake!! We discovered a great restaurant in Burlington called Taste. http://www.tasteofburlington.com/ We had the best dinner out since we have moved here. And, I discovered a tasty new martini, the French Martini. Mmmm... to make a French Martini of your own, you will need the following:

2 oz vodka

1/2 oz Chambord

2 1/2 oz pineapple juice

I need to get busy making Blake's chocolate birthday cake. I have a great Vegan Chocolate Cake recipe that is quick and delicious. Especially with the peanut butter frosting!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipe on the French Martinis. I'll get some pineapple juice and try it! Debi and I tried the Riuschetti (sp) chocolates last week and they were delicious. Good recommendation! We'v listened to the Lucinda Williams CD, though, and we're not sure we really like it. Debi has some opinions on it she wants to discuss with you....

Liisa said...

Hey there, I'm so glad you enjoyed the chocolates!! I really like the Lucinda Williams cd, although my very favorite albums of hers are Essence and Car Wheels On A Gravel Road. This latest album was slightly depressing. Lucinda's mom passed away and she went through a pretty ugly break-up during the making of it. I'm curious to find out Debi's opinion of it...

Unknown said...

I was not aware of the death or her mother or the ugly break-up but that would explain the lyrics a bit. Debi found it somewhat negative and depressing. I have her older one with Car Wheels on it and I like that better. Have you heard Allison Kraus' new CD yet? She's coming to Spokane and I'm thinking of getting some tickets.

Liisa said...

I am a huge Alison Krauss fan. Blake and I heard she was coming to Spokane... I am so jealous!! I have wanted to attend one of her concerts for quite some time but she was always playing far away. Now that I move away she's coming!! I bet it would be an awesome show.