8:13 PM

The Apartment Dweller's Garden

Due to the fact that we weren't sure when we would be moving, I figured I may just scratch the idea of having a garden this year. I decided that maybe it would be best to just wait until next spring. Then, I decided to just go for it. I went out and got some "seed incubators" for the unbelievable amount of seeds that I have purchased. Did you realize each seed packet contains like 257 seeds? Hmmm... I didn't. So, when I came home with 4 seed packets of Foxglove, Blake was like "Um, honey? I guess you REALLY like foxglove. Because, we're going to have around 2,000 Foxglove plants!!" Ooops!! Well, I seem to have a problem of overdoing with alot of things, so gardening might as well be one of them, too! Anyway, I have started some seeds for Broccoli, Cauliflower, tomatoes, peppers, foxglove, cosmos, and a couple other flower varieties. Two days later, you can already see some progress. As I was planting, I couldn't help but be amazed that a seed the size of a grain of sand can grow into a beautiful flowering plant, or a plant full of delicious vegetables to be eaten and enjoyed. Blake and I are definitely looking forward to enjoying the fruits of our labor.

0 comments: