7:21 AM

Spring in Vermont


Last week in New England, we were hit with another nor'easter. Some of the area schools were closed, and certain areas were hit pretty hard. There were a few towns in Vermont that were without power for several days.
Many of the birds had returned, but were dying because of the extended winter weather and lack of food/bugs. We read stories of local birdwatchers that were buying grasshoppers and crickets from pet stores to try keep the birds fed. Apparently, some birds won't eat the bugs unless they are flying through the air, so bird lovers were using plastic spoons to flick them up into the air.
Then, we got a lovely taste of Spring. The past couple of days we have enjoyed a big, beautiful blue sky and temperatures in the 60's. Today it is going to be nearly 70 degrees. Blake and I are going to get our bikes out of the garage, dust them off, and take our first ride on the bikepath in quite some time. With recent events, and all of the disturbing news, I find myself wanting to dive head first into what is good and right with the world. Nature seems like a great way to do just that!
I met with the physical therapist on Monday. Basically, he told me I'm crooked. I have torso and pelvic rotation to the left. My left hip, left diaphragm and right shoulder are the culprits. Also, my left arch is collapsed. This is all causing my knee and leg pain. So, we are working on getting me straightened out. And, he thinks I'll be up and running in no time. Yeah!!
I'm off to my Saturday spin class. I have really been enjoying it. Next Wednesday we are going to climb "The Beast Of The East"... Mount Washington. 50 minutes... all uphill. Yes!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

WE'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT MOVING TO VERMONT. WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT SUMMER AND INSECTS?