11:54 AM

We Interrupt This Gardening Blog...

I must admit... I am a complete sucker for a man with a banjo... er... um... I mean fiddle... oh man... no wait... um... I am a sucker for a man who knows just what to do with his... cello. Let's just say, I am a complete sucker for some incredible banjo pickin' mixed with some silky, sultry vocals, as well as one of the best fiddlers I have ever seen, topped off with a cellist that can do things with a cello that I have never seen before in my life. This would be the makings for a group called Abigail Washburn and The Sparrow Quartet. My wonderful fiance got us tickets to this show at the Flynn Center for the Performing Arts in Burlington, VT, and it proved to be the most delightful, wonderful, and entertaining evening!! I would have to describe this music as 'eclectic bluegrass'. You can hear a sampling of their music at their website, which also includes a list of tour dates. Did I mention that Bela Fleck is touring with this group?? Abigail Washburn and The Sparrow Quartet features:
Abigail Washburn: vocals, banjo
Ben Sollee: cello, vocals
Bela Fleck: banjo, and a bit of a comedian, I might add
Casey Driessen: fiddle
If you have the opportunity, please check them out!! I have also included a link to each artists' website, which are definitely worth a visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to check them out....I love music too...and this sounds right up my alley...

Liisa said...

Rochelle,
They are a really entertaining group!! The entire cd is wonderful - not the usual 1 or 2 great songs. Hope you enjoy them.
Liisa