9:00 AM

Tofu Making Class


On Thursday evening I attended a tofu-making class. It was alot of fun, and a great learning experience. Prior to the class I had never tasted homemade tofu. We started out the class with a tasting of tofu the instructor had made, and it was absolutely delicious. If you are at all interested in making it, I would highly recommend hands-on learning. It is definitely an art. We were told not to be surprised if at home our first couple of batches don't come out quite right. It's a bit of trial and error. But, I'm really looking forward to making my own soon.
Blake got back from Ohio on Thursday, and he's doing well. In August there is going to be a family gathering in Green Harbor, Massachusetts at the family beach house. Blake's father loved the ocean and spending time in Green Harbor, so it will be a great place for everyone to come together and honor his memory as well as celebrate his life.
This weekend we are busy working in the yard. It's something that I really enjoy, so I'm trying to get as much in as I can before classes start next week. Blake's family is going to be here visiting tomorrow. Blake told me a funny story about his sister, Serenity. While she was packing her bags to come to Vermont, she had the opportunity to pack her things in a rolling suitcase, but noticed her boyfriend had a nice, big backpack she could use instead. At the airport before boarding the plane, she strapped on her backpack and then picked up her bags. Well, she literally fell over right in the airport. She quickly stood up and said out loud, "Hmm, I guess I overpacked!!" I would have paid alot of money to have witnessed this.
I hope everyone has a fun holiday weekend!!

0 comments: