6:02 PM

The Cutest Garden...EVER!!






Here's a pic of our vegetable garden. Over the past couple of days I planted tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, bok choy, mesclun, leaf lettuce, spinach and carrots. I hope it's successful! Blake built the walls for the raised beds, and he hauled in the topsoil and compost. I planted some marigolds in hopes of keeping the animals away. Also, I used a mild insecticide. I would like to find a reliable all-natural insecticide, so if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them!! This weekend we are going to build a fence around it which can be taken down when not in use.

I would also like to find a squirrel-proof bird feeder... if anyone has had great success with a certain type, please let me know!! The squirrels and chipmunks have been doing a "Mission Impossible" number on our feeders, the little rascals.

I have attached a couple more photos. One is the view from our backyard. The other is the view of the front of the house. We have lots of work to do, clearing rocks and branches, but things are coming along very nicely.


On a sad note, Blake's father passed away last night after battling a brain tumor. It's a difficult time, to say the least. Blake is in Ohio for the next couple of days, so that he can be with his family. I'm feeling a bit sad that I'm not there with him, and looking forward to his return on Thursday. We spent some time at Green Harbor in Massachusetts last summer visiting with his dad soon after we learned about the brain tumor, and that is where I met his dad. He was on the beach throwing horseshoes and enjoying himself. We really enjoyed our time at the beach house and spending time with the family. He truly will be missed.

0 comments: