9:08 PM

Settling In


Blake and I are getting settled in our new home. Funny how unsettling not being settled can be. I am not one to complain much... but it is somewhat stressful being completely taken out of your little niche. Learning a new route to work, how to get to the nearest grocery store, joining a new gym and setting up your routine in a new place... Then there's unpacking... during which Blake and I have both muttered to ourselves, "why do we need all of this crap?" Neither one of us are pack-rats. But, it still seems like an overwhelming amount of crap. Funny how you seem to forget what a pain moving actually is until the next time you do it.
The first night in our new house was wonderful. We quickly discovered how dark and quiet a night in the country is. I don't know that I've slept that soundly in quite some time. The only noise was the sound of frogs and an occasional coyote. On my way to work I pass by a few of these ridiculously cute farms situated in the rolling hills and surrounded by trees which have finally gotten their first leaves.
Hopefully this weekend we can finish unpacking. Also, we hope to get started on our vegetable garden and plant some flowers. I am just looking forward to being able to work outside, it's been awhile since I have been able to do that. I will post some new pictures soon!!

2 comments:

sakeboho said...

Congratulations!!!!

Liisa said...

Thanks, Sarah. We are really enjoying our new home. And, we are really looking forward to seeing you soon!!