7:37 AM

Felco Pruners and The AeroGarden


Santa (a.k.a. The World's Sweetest Fiance) was good to me this year and brought me my first pair of Felco pruners. I have been drooling over these for awhile now. Unfortunately, I won't be able to test out their world famous, smooth, tight action, or awesome cutting power and precision just yet. Well, I suppose I could whittle some marshmallow-roasting sticks. But, I think I can contain myself until spring. I love that they will last forever with a little bit of care. You can order replacement parts should you ever need them, they are easy to repair, and they can be sharpened without taking them apart. Just in case you would like to check them out for yourself, here is the website: http://www.felcostore.com/index.jsp

We are plant-sitting an AeroGarden for Blake's sister, Ren. I had heard about these before, but had never seen one, and certainly never bothered to research them. Ren had visited a store which was going out of business and had them for sale at half price. I would be highly tempted if I were to find such a deal. They are not cheap. This indoor garden is extremely easy to use, and you can grow anything from herbs and flowers to tomatoes, peppers, and lettuce greens. The AeroGarden is computerized, and tells you when to add water or nutrients, and it automatically turns the light on/off. How much simpler could it possibly be? It also gets bonus points for looking really cute sitting on top of my counter.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liisa, you will love your Felcos. Merry Christmas.~~Dee

Liisa said...

I can't wait to try them out. Merry Christmas to you, too, Dee!!
Liisa

Cindy said...

Those Felcos are a great gift. I love that the aerogarden is all computerized. Anyone could use it!
I hope you had a Merry Christmas Liisa!

Liisa said...

Thanks, Cindy. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas, as well!! : )

Kerri said...

Your fiance knows the way to a gardener's heart! :) I'd like to try those Felco pruners out myself.
The aerogarden looks neat. I haven't seen those before. Great idea.
Wishing you joy and blessings for the new year, and thanks again for the fave!
We've had light snow and strong, cold winds today. Brrr! I wonder if you're getting the same weather.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for faving me Liisa! Enjoy those felco's! Your fiance seems to have the right idea about perfect gifts for gardening folks :)

nilla|utanpunkt said...

Liisa, I've been so ill lately (managed to get two flus, one straight after the other, would you believe), and missed most things in the blogosphere. But, popping in now, to wish you a Happy New Year!

Liisa said...

Kerri,
You are quite welcome! It was quite windy and cold yesterday (my legs were numb after taking the dog for a walk), but clear skies for the most part. Snow this morning, and looking rather pretty outside. Thanks so much for visiting my site!

Mo,
You are welcome. It's so nice to be catching up with gardening friends after a rather long semester of classes. Thanks for visiting. I love your blog!!

Camellia,
Thanks so much! Good to hear from you, and I am so glad that you are feeling better. Happy New Year to you, as well!

Kylee Baumle said...

You'll love your Felcos, Liisa! I've used others, but none compare to Felcos.

I think Aerogardens look interesting. I'd love to have one to grow Spinach in the winter. Imagine having fresh spinach salad whenever you wanted!

Liisa said...

Kylee,
Those were exactly my thoughts about the AeroGarden... fresh spinach and lettuce greens even in winter!! Thanks for visiting, and Happy New Year!!

Jan said...

Hi Liisa, I've been seeing the Aerogarden and others like it all over the place this holiday season. I didn't get one...but am thinking about it, especially after reading your post. Might be worth a try!
I've never tried the Felco's...I manage pretty well with anything:)I do have some nice Cutco's that I ordered with a knife set that I have, and they are wonderful. I can only imagine how great the Felco's must be, since so many people seem to know about them ;-)
Happy New Year!! Jan

Liisa said...

Jan,
I am considering that AeroGarden, too, but it might be awhile. Right now my priority is finding a good lighting system to start some seeds. I have seen a few posts about gardening knives... I may have to put that on my list for Santa next year.
Happy New Year to you, too!
Liisa